- 08 Apr 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 08 Apr 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
Some of ProGet's functionality is delivered through extensions, a type of pluggable component library that provides both core capabilities as well as integrations with third-party tools. You can see what extensions are loaded, as well as install new or upgrade extensions from the Admin > Extensions Page from within your instance of ProGet.
Built-in and Required Extensions
Although we recommend keeping all of these built-in extensions installed, Inedo.SDK and InedoCore are the only ones that are required. When they are not installed, you will receive warnings in the UI, and the software will be missing core functionality. If you've configured cloud storage those feeds will be inoperable.
New Extensions and Updates
ProGet will automatically connect to the proget.inedo.com/feeds/Extensions feed, and notify you of newly available extensions and updates. You can download and install these from the same extensions overview page.
A connection to inedo.com is recommended, but not required. If your ProGet instance cannot connect to https://proget.inedo.com/upack/Extensions, then you will need to manually install and update extensions.
Creating Your Own Extensions
With the Inedo SDK, you can create your own ProGet extension. Check out the following documents to get started:
- Inedo SDK Overview
- Creating an Extension using the SDK
- Infragistics' example: Using ProGet: Package Level Filtering for Infragistics Customers
To install your custom extension, follow the Offline Extension Installation steps.
For installations that are restricted from accessing the internet, or if you wish to install a version other than the latest, extensions can also be installed manually.
Default Extension Installation
If your product installation can access the internet (specifically the https://proget.inedo.com/upack/Extensions URL), simply navigate to the Admin > Extensions page to browse and install the latest available extension versions.
Offline or Previous Version Extension Installation
- Download the desired version of the extension from the public ProGet feed. Note: The public ProGet feed will include the version in the filename. You will need to remove that version in step 3. For example,
InedoCore-1.7.11.upackwill need to be
- Copy the extension file (e.g.
Sonatype.upack) to the extensions path. Visit the Admin > Advanced Settings page within ProGet to determine where extensions are stored by examining the
- Ensure the file name follows the format
<extension-name>.upackin the extensions directory, and that no other files with the same name exist in that directory, even with a different extension. For example, make sure to delete an existing
Windows.inedoxfile if you are installing
- Restart ProGet's Windows service (INEDOPROGETSVC): Admin > Service > click Restart
- Restart the ProGet web application, either the IIS application pool or the Integrated Web Server service: Admin > Service > Restart Web App
- Verify that the new extension has been loaded by ensuring it's listed in the table on the Admin > Extensions page
To access prerelease versions of this extension, you can configure ProGet to use a prerelease extensions feed. To configure your product installation to point to the prerelease feed, visit the Admin > Advanced Settings page within the product installation and set the
Extensions.UpdateFeedUrl value to:
This feed has a connector configured to the default URL (i.e.
https://proget.inedo.com/upack/Extensions), so if there are no prerelease versions, the latest stable version will also be available.