- 16 Feb 2022
- 7 Minutes to read
- Updated on 16 Feb 2022
- 7 Minutes to read
This is generated from the built in components of BuildMaster 7.0.0, and may be different than what you have installed (especially if you have extensions); go to [User Icon] -> Documentation within your BuildMaster instance to see exactly what operations are available.
- Create Artifact - Collects all of the files in a directory, compresses them in a zip file, and saves it to the artifact library.
- Deploy Artifact - Retrieves the specified artifact from the artifact library and deploys it to a directory.
- Backup Application - Exports an application to a package source.
- Create Build - Creates a new build in BuildMaster of an application, and optionally waits for it to complete.
- Create Release - Creates a release in another application.
- Create Release Note - Attaches a release note to the current release.
- Deploy Build - Deploys a build in BuildMaster of an application, and optionally waits for it to complete.
- Ensure Release - Ensures a release exists in another application.
- Invoke Module - Executes an OtterScript module stored in BuildMaster.
- Invoke OtterScript - Executes an OtterScript plan specified as a string.
- Invoke Plan - Executes an OtterScript plan stored in BuildMaster.
- Manual Operation - Halts the execution until an individual or group completes a specified task.
- Reject Build - Rejects a BuildMaster build.
- Set Build Number - Sets (changes) the build number of the currently executing build.
- Set Build Variable - Creates or updates a variable on a build.
- Set Configuration Variable - Creates or updates a variable in BuildMaster.
- Set Release Variable - Creates or updates a variable on a release or build.
- Deploy Configuration File - Deploys an instance of a configuration file to disk after applying an optional template.
- Export Configuration File - Exports a configuration file instance or template to disk without recording a deployment or replacing variables.
- Backup Database - Uses a Database Connection to back up a database to a file on disk.
- Execute Database Change Scripts - Executes change scripts associated with the current release and any change scripts from prior releases that have not been run against the database to date.
- Execute Database Scripts on Disk - Finds files matching a search mask and executes those scripts against a database connection.
- Execute Database Statement - Executes a statement against a database.
- Restore Database - Uses a Database Connection to restore a database from a file on disk.
- Build MSBuild Project - Builds a project or solution using MSBuild.
- dotnet build - Builds a .NET Core/Framework/Standard project using dotnet build.
- dotnet publish - Publishes a .NET Core/Framework/Standard project using dotnet publish.
- dotnet test - Runs unit tests on a specified test project using the dotnet test command.
- Ensure AppSetting - Ensures a .NET application configuration file has the specified appSetting key/value pair.
- Get NuGet Dependencies - Inspects a .NET build project/packages.config to return the required versions of NuGet package dependencies.
- Set Project Version - Sets the version elements in .NET project files to a specified value.
- Write Assembly Versions - Updates AssemblyVersion, AssemblyFileVersion, and AssemblyInformationalVersion Attributes (in AssemblyInfo source files).
- Send Email - Sends an email message.
- Set Execution Priority - Sets the priority of the current execution. Before an execution's priority is explicitly set, it effectively has a priority of negative infinity.
- Wait for Higher Priority Executions - Waits for executions with a higher priority to complete. If the current execution has no explicitly set priority, the priority will be set to zero.
- Concatenate Files - Concatenates files on a server.
- Copy Files - Copies files on a server.
- Create File - Creates a file on a server.
- Create Zip File - Creates a zip file on a server.
- Delete Files - Deletes files on a server.
- Ensure Directory - Ensures the existence of a directory on a server.
- Ensure File - Ensures the existence of a file on a server.
- Extract Zip File - Extracts a zip file on a server.
- Generate Release Notes - Generates an HTML file containing the BuildMaster release notes and/or issues from the application's issue tracking provider.
- Rename File - Renames a file on a server.
- Search/Replace File Contents - Searches a text file for a specified string and replaces it.
- Set File Attributes - Sets or clears attributes on matching files.
- Transfer Files - Copies files from a directory on a source server to a directory on a target server.
- Ensure Firewall Rule - Ensures the existence of a firewall rule on a Windows server.
- Attach Package - Attaches a package to a build.
- Download File from URL - Downloads a file from a specified URL using an HTTP GET.
- Execute Process - Executes a process, logs its output, and waits until it exits.
- Execute Shell Script - Executes a specified shell script.
- Execute VSTest Tests - Runs VSTest unit tests on a specified test project, recommended for tests in VS 2012 and later.
- Invoke Operation - Invokes a specified operation by its script alias.
- SHCall - Calls a shell script that is stored as an asset.
- SHEnsure - Uses two shell scripts to Collect, and then Ensure a configuration about a server.
- Sleep - Halts the execution of operations for the specified number of seconds.
- Upload File to URL - Uploads a file to a specified URL using an HTTP POST or PUT.
- HTTP GET Request - Executes an HTTP GET, DELETE, or HEAD request against a URL, typically used for RESTful operations.
- HTTP POST to URL - Executes an HTTP POST/PUT/PATCH request to a URL, typically used for RESTful operations.
- Ensure App Pool - Ensures the existence of an application pool on a server.
- Ensure Application - Ensures the existence of an application within an IIS site.
- Ensure Site - Ensures the existence of a site on a server.
- Ensure Site Binding - Ensures the existence of a binding on a site.
- Ensure Virtual Directory - Ensures the existence of a virtual directory within an IIS site.
- Recycle App Pool - Recycles an application pool.
- Start App Pool - Starts an IIS app pool.
- Start Site - Starts an IIS Site.
- Stop App Pool - Stops an IIS app pool.
- Stop Site - Stops an IIS Site.
- Add Comment to GitHub Issue - Adds a comment to an issue on GitHub.
- Close GitHub Issue - Closes an issue on GitHub.
- Create GitHub Issue - Creates an issue on a GitHub repository.
- Ensure GitHub Milestone - Ensures a GitHub milestone exists with the specified properties.
- Ensure Hosts Entry - Ensures an entry in the hosts file on a server.
- Remediate Drift - Checks configuration status and if drifted, triggers a remediation job in Otter.
- Set Variable Value in Otter - Creates or assigns a configuration variable in Otter.
- Ensure DSC Resource - Ensures the configuration of a specified PowerShell DSC Resource.
- Ensure PowerShell Module - Ensures that the specified PowerShell module is installed.
- Ensure PowerShell Repository - Ensures that the specified PowerShell Repository is registered.
- PSCall - Calls a PowerShell Script that is stored as an asset.
- PSDsc - Ensures the configuration of a specified PowerShell DSC Resource.
- PSEnsure - Calls a PowerShell Ensure Script that is stored as an asset.
- PSEnsure using Scripts - Uses two PowerShell scripts to Collect, and then Ensure a configuration about a server.
- PSExec - Executes a specified PowerShell script.
- PSVerify - Uses a PowerShell script to collect configuration about a server.
- Create Package - Creates a universal package from the specified directory.
- Ensure Package - Ensures that the contents of a ProGet package are in the specified directory.
- Get Package - Downloads the contents of a ProGet package to a specified directory.
- Install Universal Package (Preview) - Installs a universal package to the specified location using a Package Source.
- Promote Package - Promotes a package from one feed to another in a ProGet instance.
- Push Package - Uploads a universal package to a ProGet feed.
- Push Universal Package File (Preview) - Uploads a universal package file to a package source.
- Repackage Package - Creates a new package with an altered version number to a ProGet feed and adds a repackaging entry to its metadata for auditing.
- Ensure Registry Key - Ensures that a registry key exists or does not exist.
- Ensure Registry Value - Ensures that a registry value exists or does not exist on a specified key.
- Get Registry Value - Reads a value from the Windows registry and stores it in a variable.
- Artifact Comparison Report - Compares the contents of two artifacts and generates a diff report.
- Capture HTML Report from Directory - Captures all HTML files from a directory into a browsable build report.
- Capture Report from File - Captures a plain text or HTML file as a build report.
- Directory Comparison Report - Compares the contents of two directories and generates a diff report.
- Acquire Server - Acquires a server from a resource pool defined by a server role. This operation is affected by execution priority.
- Release Server - Releases a server from a resource pool if acquired previously in the execution.
- Restart Server - Restarts a server and waits for it to become available again.
- Ensure Service - Ensures the configuration of a Windows service on a server.
- Start Windows Service - Starts an existing Windows service.
- Stop Windows Service - Stops an existing Windows service.
- Ensure GitHub Release - Creates or updates a tagged release in a GitHub repository.
- Get Source from GitHub Repository - Gets the source code from a GitHub repository.
- Set GitHub Build Status - Sets a status message on a GitHub commit.
- Tag GitHub Source - Tags the source code in a GitHub repository.
- Upload GitHub Release Assets - Uploads files as attachments to a GitHub release.
- Query Package - Tests whether a universal package exists and optionally extracts its metadata.
- Apply Template - Applies full template transformation on a literal, a file, or a template asset.
- Sign Binary - Signs .exe or .dll files using an installed code signing certificate.
Was this article helpful?