- 16 Feb 2022
- 7 Minutes to read
- Updated on 16 Feb 2022
- 7 Minutes to read
This is generated from the built in components of BuildMaster 7.0.0, and may be different than what you have installed (especially if you have extensions); go to [User Icon] -> Documentation within your BuildMaster instance to see exactly what operations are available.
- Create Artifact - Collects all of the files in a directory, compresses them in a zip file, and saves it to the artifact library.
- Deploy Artifact - Retrieves the specified artifact from the artifact library and deploys it to a directory.
- Backup Application - Exports an application to a package source.
- Create Build - Creates a new build in BuildMaster of an application, and optionally waits for it to complete.
- Create Release - Creates a release in another application.
- Create Release Note - Attaches a release note to the current release.
- Deploy Build - Deploys a build in BuildMaster of an application, and optionally waits for it to complete.
- Ensure Release - Ensures a release exists in another application.
- Invoke Module - Executes an OtterScript module stored in BuildMaster.
- Invoke OtterScript - Executes an OtterScript plan specified as a string.
- Invoke Plan - Executes an OtterScript plan stored in BuildMaster.
- Manual Operation - Halts the execution until an individual or group completes a specified task.
- Reject Build - Rejects a BuildMaster build.
- Set Build Number - Sets (changes) the build number of the currently executing build.
- Set Build Variable - Creates or updates a variable on a build.
- Set Configuration Variable - Creates or updates a variable in BuildMaster.
- Set Release Variable - Creates or updates a variable on a release or build.
- Deploy Configuration File - Deploys an instance of a configuration file to disk after applying an optional template.
- Export Configuration File - Exports a configuration file instance or template to disk without recording a deployment or replacing variables.
- Backup Database - Uses a Database Connection to back up a database to a file on disk.
- Execute Database Change Scripts - Executes change scripts associated with the current release and any change scripts from prior releases that have not been run against the database to date.
- Execute Database Scripts on Disk - Finds files matching a search mask and executes those scripts against a database connection.
- Execute Database Statement - Executes a statement against a database.
- Restore Database - Uses a Database Connection to restore a database from a file on disk.
- Build MSBuild Project - Builds a project or solution using MSBuild.
- dotnet build - Builds a .NET Core/Framework/Standard project using dotnet build.
- dotnet publish - Publishes a .NET Core/Framework/Standard project using dotnet publish.
- dotnet test - Runs unit tests on a specified test project using the dotnet test command.
- Ensure AppSetting - Ensures a .NET application configuration file has the specified appSetting key/value pair.
- Get NuGet Dependencies - Inspects a .NET build project/packages.config to return the required versions of NuGet package dependencies.
- Set Project Version - Sets the version elements in .NET project files to a specified value.
- Write Assembly Versions - Updates AssemblyVersion, AssemblyFileVersion, and AssemblyInformationalVersion Attributes (in AssemblyInfo source files).
- Send Email - Sends an email message.
- Set Execution Priority - Sets the priority of the current execution. Before an execution's priority is explicitly set, it effectively has a priority of negative infinity.
- Wait for Higher Priority Executions - Waits for executions with a higher priority to complete. If the current execution has no explicitly set priority, the priority will be set to zero.
- Concatenate Files - Concatenates files on a server.
- Copy Files - Copies files on a server.
- Create File - Creates a file on a server.
- Create Zip File - Creates a zip file on a server.
- Delete Files - Deletes files on a server.
- Ensure Directory - Ensures the existence of a directory on a server.
- Ensure File - Ensures the existence of a file on a server.
- Extract Zip File - Extracts a zip file on a server.
- Generate Release Notes - Generates an HTML file containing the BuildMaster release notes and/or issues from the application's issue tracking provider.
- Rename File - Renames a file on a server.
- Search/Replace File Contents - Searches a text file for a specified string and replaces it.
- Set File Attributes - Sets or clears attributes on matching files.
- Transfer Files - Copies files from a directory on a source server to a directory on a target server.
- Ensure Firewall Rule - Ensures the existence of a firewall rule on a Windows server.
- Attach Package - Attaches a package to a build.
- Download File from URL - Downloads a file from a specified URL using an HTTP GET.
- Execute Process - Executes a process, logs its output, and waits until it exits.
- Execute Shell Script - Executes a specified shell script.
- Execute VSTest Tests - Runs VSTest unit tests on a specified test project, recommended for tests in VS 2012 and later.
- Invoke Operation - Invokes a specified operation by its script alias.
- SHCall - Calls a shell script that is stored as an asset.
- SHEnsure - Uses two shell scripts to Collect, and then Ensure a configuration about a server.
- Sleep - Halts the execution of operations for the specified number of seconds.
- Upload File to URL - Uploads a file to a specified URL using an HTTP POST or PUT.
- HTTP GET Request - Executes an HTTP GET, DELETE, or HEAD request against a URL, typically used for RESTful operations.
- HTTP POST to URL - Executes an HTTP POST/PUT/PATCH request to a URL, typically used for RESTful operations.
- Ensure App Pool - Ensures the existence of an application pool on a server.
- Ensure Application - Ensures the existence of an application within an IIS site.
- Ensure Site - Ensures the existence of a site on a server.
- Ensure Site Binding - Ensures the existence of a binding on a site.
- Ensure Virtual Directory - Ensures the existence of a virtual directory within an IIS site.
- Recycle App Pool - Recycles an application pool.
- Start App Pool - Starts an IIS app pool.
- Start Site - Starts an IIS Site.
- Stop App Pool - Stops an IIS app pool.
- Stop Site - Stops an IIS Site.
- Add Comment to GitHub Issue - Adds a comment to an issue on GitHub.
- Close GitHub Issue - Closes an issue on GitHub.
- Create GitHub Issue - Creates an issue on a GitHub repository.
- Ensure GitHub Milestone - Ensures a GitHub milestone exists with the specified properties.
- Ensure Hosts Entry - Ensures an entry in the hosts file on a server.
- Remediate Drift - Checks configuration status and if drifted, triggers a remediation job in Otter.
- Set Variable Value in Otter - Creates or assigns a configuration variable in Otter.
- Ensure DSC Resource - Ensures the configuration of a specified PowerShell DSC Resource.
- Ensure PowerShell Module - Ensures that the specified PowerShell module is installed.
- Ensure PowerShell Repository - Ensures that the specified PowerShell Repository is registered.
- PSCall - Calls a PowerShell Script that is stored as an asset.
- PSDsc - Ensures the configuration of a specified PowerShell DSC Resource.
- PSEnsure - Calls a PowerShell Ensure Script that is stored as an asset.
- PSEnsure using Scripts - Uses two PowerShell scripts to Collect, and then Ensure a configuration about a server.
- PSExec - Executes a specified PowerShell script.
- PSVerify - Uses a PowerShell script to collect configuration about a server.
- Create Package - Creates a universal package from the specified directory.
- Ensure Package - Ensures that the contents of a ProGet package are in the specified directory.
- Get Package - Downloads the contents of a ProGet package to a specified directory.
- Install Universal Package (Preview) - Installs a universal package to the specified location using a Package Source.
- Promote Package - Promotes a package from one feed to another in a ProGet instance.
- Push Package - Uploads a universal package to a ProGet feed.
- Push Universal Package File (Preview) - Uploads a universal package file to a package source.
- Repackage Package - Creates a new package with an altered version number to a ProGet feed and adds a repackaging entry to its metadata for auditing.
- Ensure Registry Key - Ensures that a registry key exists or does not exist.
- Ensure Registry Value - Ensures that a registry value exists or does not exist on a specified key.
- Get Registry Value - Reads a value from the Windows registry and stores it in a variable.
- Artifact Comparison Report - Compares the contents of two artifacts and generates a diff report.
- Capture HTML Report from Directory - Captures all HTML files from a directory into a browsable build report.
- Capture Report from File - Captures a plain text or HTML file as a build report.
- Directory Comparison Report - Compares the contents of two directories and generates a diff report.
- Acquire Server - Acquires a server from a resource pool defined by a server role. This operation is affected by execution priority.
- Release Server - Releases a server from a resource pool if acquired previously in the execution.
- Restart Server - Restarts a server and waits for it to become available again.
- Ensure Service - Ensures the configuration of a Windows service on a server.
- Start Windows Service - Starts an existing Windows service.
- Stop Windows Service - Stops an existing Windows service.
- Ensure GitHub Release - Creates or updates a tagged release in a GitHub repository.
- Get Source from GitHub Repository - Gets the source code from a GitHub repository.
- Set GitHub Build Status - Sets a status message on a GitHub commit.
- Tag GitHub Source - Tags the source code in a GitHub repository.
- Upload GitHub Release Assets - Uploads files as attachments to a GitHub release.
- Query Package - Tests whether a universal package exists and optionally extracts its metadata.
- Apply Template - Applies full template transformation on a literal, a file, or a template asset.
- Sign Binary - Signs .exe or .dll files using an installed code signing certificate.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you
How can we improve this article?
Character limit : 500